The main activity of the Central Desert Canoe Club is canoe polo.
Canoe Polo is an exciting team event played in swimming pools or on flat stretches of water. In Alice it’s played at the Alice Springs Swimming Centre on Speed street.
Teams of 5 paddlers endeavour to score goals in a net suspended 2m above the water, the ball being thrown by hand, or ‘flicked’ with the paddle.
Canoe polo is a great way to develop your paddling skills and keep fit during our hot summers. It’s also a great way to meet active outdoor people of all ages and from all walks of life.
- The Canoe polo season operates from early September through to April.
- Games are held on Wednesday & Sunday evenings.
- Get to the pool at 5.30pm to sign on and get organised for a 6.00pm start.
- All gear supplied, beginners welcome
- The cost is $10/game (plus pool entry fee)
The games are played in a relaxed and fun atmosphere with beginner through to skilled players. Contact us by email at Lone Dingo for more information.