A hard wearing ring bound guide book containing all six of Hema’s Great Desert Tracks maps, Hema’s Mid West WA & Pilbara and Coral Coast maps, plus a lot of other useful information. A must have if you are planning to travel Australia remote inland roads and tracks.
The guide provides detailed information on 20 Australian deserts and 28 4WD treks through them. There’s also plenty of essential pre-trip reading on how to prepare for your trek, safety in the deserts and desert travelling techniques.
Background information on geology, history, major habitats, and desert plants and animals makes this the ‘must have’ Australian desert guidebook.
This atlas and guide is a joint production of Hema Maps and Wild Discovery Guides.
- Maps throughout the book to make following the treks easier
- Detailed atlas section including all six Hema Maps’ Great Desert Tracks maps, as well as Hema Maps’ Mid West WA and Pilbara and Coral Coast maps
- Information on 20 of Australia’s deserts, complete with details on access, permits, camping and history
- Information on when to go, how to prepare and desert travelling techniques
- Background reading on desertification, geology, history and major habitats
- Guides to desert plants and animals
- Written by experienced desert enthusiasts Ian Glover and Len Zell